Tuesday, June 1, 2010

9-5 !!!

Starting my internship with Life&Style, InTouch Weekly, J-14 and Twist..i must say this is a blessing. I am one of two interns here, and the daily routines are rather simple. They provided me a breakdown of things to do each day (that I seem to finish in 30 minutes tops), and then have the responsibility to browse through different blog sites and gossip sites looking for our mentions!
Reading directly off of the paper by the end of my internship I should be able to:
learn how to use TVeyes to pull broadcast clips
w-write at least one issue release for InTouch Weekly and Life&Style Weekly
- Assist at a magazine event
- attend a beauty/fashion segment for one of the magazines
- sit in on at least 2 PR/editorial meetings
- learn how to write pitches for print and online stories
-pitch stories to the local media
-celebrity magazine round ups...
as well as work on an overall PR project (which I've done many times in my previous PR courses)

i am amazed by the people around me. They talk just like me, and that attracts me to this job even more. I work in the area with the editors, and publishers, so it's really casual and down to earth. I mean, jean attire down to earth. They're fashionable, and overall gorgeous people!

sooooo, my only liddle iddle widdle issue is this 9-6 movement! it's all fun and games when you have constant assignments, but the pauses in between I despise. I know in the real world their will probably always be something for me to do, but speaking to other people, this cubicle life can get pretty gruesome. noooooo!
Sitting behind a desk and computer and tv for 9 hrs straight is STRAIGHT torture to one! what genius created the idea of cubicles, and did he follow up his creation with a manual on how to keep your sanity and brain functioning throughout the day?

Nevertheless this is a great opportunity and I have already declared that I will work here. Just someone tell me how can one get accustomed to cubicles !!!!!????

1 comment:

  1. you cant you just gotta try to keep yourself busy! find interesting conversations with your co-workers. In London, i was behind a desk the whole time and in front of a computer, it wasnt a cubicle because i seen my co-workers and we all was in one big room so we just tried to talk and chat and time went by a little faster but hell i was bored still lol

    ReplyDelete


Supporters!